Message From Fellow Ducati Owner Looking For His 1995 Ducati 900 Supersport Sp

Discussion in 'General Ducati Discussion' started by drilladmin, Mar 14, 2015.

1. drilladmin

drilladmin Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.
    In January this year I signed up on your site for a very specific purpose - to try and reconnect with my 1995 Ducati 900 SSSP.
    I bought this bike from M.C.C in Chicago in August of 1994 and immediately had put back in the create and flown to Switzerland where I worked as an ISP for 4.5 years.

I came back to the USA in 1998, bought an old 1928 home here in Lansing and have worked on restoring it ever since. Unfortunately, the Ducati had to go as there wasn’t then a secure place to keep it. I sold it back to M.C.C.
    This was a very special bike plated #001 and kept in tip top shape. It had less than 3000 miles on it when I sold it.
    I now have this old property to the place where I can keep such a treasure and so began searching for it. I initially found the bike registered in Palos Heights, Illinois but was unable to find the owner. Recently, I located the bike again in Apache Junction, Arizona - now with it’s 3rd owner. I’m attempting to contact this owner in hopes that eventually I might be able to repurchase the bike and restore it. At the very least, I would be able to proving the original documentation, photos of it’s uncreating and early life in Chicago.

I thought that perhaps one of your club members might be from the Apache Junction area and be familiar with this owner.
    In 2007 I placed a $500 deposit with M.C.C. on the “pre-production order” of a yellow Ducati Sport 1000. Unfortunately by the time it arrived I had retired and was unable to take delivery. I do still have the silk scarf sent by Ducati to the deposit holders for the Sport Classic and would be willing to gift it to someone who can connect me with the present owner.

I admire your club and the rides you take with these wonderful and unique machines. I would appreciate any help you good folks could provide.

Thanks!

Wayne Townsend
    4 Locust Lane, Lansing
    Michigan, 48911
    517-203-8686 (c)

The Serial is: ZDM1LC4NXSB015068

Attached Files:

2. drilladmin

drilladmin Administrator Staff Member

Wayne, hope you two connect again. Best.